Tourmaline .

Miniature Diorama Photographer

Oh dear…

I promised myself I wouldn’t write any more apology posts…but here goes.

As many of you know I have a day job, with us being down a staff member (actually 3 at the moment, but that’s another story), I’ve been doing the work of 2, maybe even 2.5 people and have been so overwhelmed. I get home and am ready to do nothing, and while I’ve taken the time to schedule the Color Your World posts, I’m a few days behind on the A to Z challenge (J, K & L to be exact), and even forgot, for the first time ever, to post the One Word Photo Challenge post this past Tuesday.

My goal list still includes making the rounds to all your OWPC contributions from Bear to the present and at least visiting and enjoying, if not commenting on many of your CYW posts. I’ve also missed having conversations with each of you through your comments here and my comments on your posts, I’ll come back to center and be a good blogging friend again soon, pinky promise.

I thank each and every one of you for posting without much support or encouragement on my end. From the posts I have made it to, I am inspired by your beautiful work.

-Jennifer

35 Responses to “Oh dear…”

1. terryb

Life happens! Don’t worry. Sometimes I feel like someone doing one of those old spinning plates routines like this…

Start it at 1:50 and you’ll get the idea :-) Too many things to do at once!

2. amylovestosew

Don’t be so hard on yourself. I love the One World Photo Challenge – I snap away with my phone when out and about walking with my 5 month old – its a wonderful source of inspiration to dip in and out of. What you are doing is fab and lovely, you should feel very good about your contributions to the bloggersphere, missing the odd day doesn’t hurt anyone :)

3. Debbie Smyth

I think you do amazingly well Jennifer. I intended to A to Z but have been too busy. But I am really enjoying CYW – a great challenge!

4. Sonel

Don’t ever apologize for having a life Jennifer and believe me, I know how busy it can get. It’s tough that you also have to do the work of so many people and if it’s like here in SA, I am sure you’re not even getting the extra pay. So yes, I totally understand and I am sure others will as well. Just take care of yourself and take time to relax. I really enjoy your CYW challenge as it gives me time to be creative again, and believe me, I needed that after the death of my little man. Sometimes it’s a struggle, but it’s fun. So thank you for taking the time to host these lovely challenges and for thinking of us and for giving us inspiration. :D ♥

• Sonel

You’re very welcome Jennifer. I know, so I do understand. I am very glad to hear that. You made mine as well. :D

Thanks and you too and I truly enjoyed your Color Your World challenges. At this stage I am on a blogging break, so I won’t be able to finish. But thanks for the inspiration and for letting me have fun for a while. I really appreciate. Take care. :D ♥

5. Majka

It is alright, Jennifer ☺ The loyal participants will always wait and everybody has sometimes some more tough days or week. You are still doing your best. 😊

6. ghostmmnc

Don’t worry about it a bit, Jennifer. I think we all fall behind from time to time, I know I sure do. I’ve enjoyed the CYW challenge, and will miss finding things to match, so much! Don’t feel guilty for taking a break! :)

• Jennifer Nichole Wells

Thank you very much. The challenge will be back next year I promise! I plan to have a poll in the final wrap up post about how cyw should be formatted next year. So glad you enjoy it.

7. Victoria C. Slotto

Life has a way of interfering, Jennifer. Just know, as a newbie to your site and to photography, I’m enjoying it so much. My only regret is I didn’t discover the CYW challenge until recently. I’m not always which blog my comments and likes show up under. I blog as The Photography of David and Victoria Slotto and Victoria C. Slotto, Author. Thanks again and take care of yourself in the middle of all the craziness life doles out to us at times.

• Jennifer Nichole Wells

So so glad you’re enjoying it. I look forward to getting to know you and your blogs better. Feel free to go back and respond to older CYW posts if you’d like and I will be sure to host it again next year :D Thank you.

8. Prior-01

Work is hard enough to then have to help cover for being down a staff person –
    Sending you a blog hug- and a smile 😍😍😍

9. Jeff Bach

I don’t really know you from Adam. So…..what’s your day job? This is a big opening. You should be able to drive your Mack truck through it :)

10. katieprior

I’m so with you on this Jennifer! There just are not enough hours in the day! Don’t wear yourself out and remember it’s ok to put your feet up :-) I’ve really enjoyed doing the CYW posts, thank you so much for hosting the challenge, who would have thought there were so many colours! :-)

Liked by 1 person

11. Sunshine

People get busy… I understand being swamped. So no worries there. I am doing the CYW challenge most days. I enjoy looking for a particular color in my library (almost) everyday. It’s an easy post do put up on days when I am swamped with school. I’m really gonna miss it when its over. Anyway… even though you haven’t been by (i believe) to visit, I get how busy you are, and it’s okay.

• Jennifer Nichole Wells

Thank you so much for understanding. I will be by to visit soon I promise. I know I’ve checked out a few of your CYW posts at least, I’m sorry if I haven’t commented yet. I’m glad you’re enjoying the challenge. It will most definitely be back next year.

Liked by 1 person