Just under a month ago I attended my 5th Jacksonville Rail Fair. It’s a tradition that I then blog about the experience, so here goes.
My goal as I attend each year, is to get some good pieces that I feel can be used in multiple images, and to get those pieces at a much lower price than I could get them online or in a hobby shop. I think I can say that we were quite successful this year.
My boyfriend has attended with me the past few years and between the two of us we can view each booth and eyeball the good stuff pretty quickly these days. It certainly helps that I’m not truly a train modeler and therefore often want the stuff others don’t.
Shots from the show:
And here’s what I got!
- N Scale Warehouse – $5
- N Scale Train Repair Building – $5
- HO Scale Themed Restaurant – $5
- HO Scale Freight Station – $2
- HO Scale Fence – $6
- HO/O Scale Lake – $4
- Lichen – $0
- 16 Pine Trees – $3
- O Scale Military Set – 1 vehicle, 2 soldiers – $5
- HO Scale Tower – $3
The night after the train show I created some new images with my new props! I’m happy to be expanding my Headlights series.
See what I got in previous years here:
Upcoming Florida/Georgia train shows:
- 59th Florida Rail Fair, Volusia County Fairgrounds, April 8, 2017 9:00 – 4:00
- Big Bend Model Railroad Association 26th Annual Tallahassee Model Railroad Show & Sale, June 24, 2017 9:00 – 4:00
- 53rd Atlanta Model Train Show Infinite Energy Forum, August 26, 2017 9:00 – 4:00
- 40th Annual Jacksonville Rail Fair, February 10, 2018 9:00 – 5:00
Find one in your state here.
Is there an annual train show/rail fair in your area? Have you ever been? Let me know in a comment below.
If you’re interested in learning more about the world of miniatures, subscribe to my new newsletter – My Mini Monthly – here.