This edition of My Mini Monday is all about 2 and 2.5 inch figures and their accessories. Click the logo above for a listing of all MMM posts.
1:32 and 1:35 pieces, while not totally interchangeable, they are very close in scale and theme and therefore I’m going to discuss them as one. These are also referred to as I scale, 2.5 inch scale or 3/8 scale. These scales are most notable for military model building, but are found in the following and more:
- McFarlane Toys Construction Sets (Five Nights at Freddy’s, The Walking Dead & Game of Thrones)
- Mega Construx
- Plastic army men
- Many military model vehicle kits
- See Tamaiya
- Resin military figures
- Certain Marvel Figures
- See Smalliverse
- Acid Rain (as mentioned in my 1:18 Scale post) will be coming out with a new line in this scale soon
- Funko Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 packs
- Child Pose Skeleton – note that the pose skeleton line is 1:18 scale, so only the child figure, and no other figures or accessories work with 1:35 & 1:32 scale
- Lego & Lego friends – “Lego has a greater emphasis on play then realism, so every thing is scaled to suit the minifigures. Minifigs don’t have the same proportions as average humans. They are comparable to a 600 pound male. Based on minifig height, the scale is about 1:45.” – Stack Exchange
- As shown above, lego figures are a bit short for this scale, but I’ve included them as lego pieces work with Mega Construx and Lego accessories can still work within 1:32 and 1:35 scales as they are on the large side compared to the Lego minifigures
*While this is a popular scale for military modeling (think historic dioramas), it is larger than miniatures used in war gaming (think dungeons and dragons). Those are 15mm or 25mm scale and may be discussed at a later date.
To complete your set, check out these free printables. Print at 75% for 1:32 scale or 57% for 1:35 scale: https://www.printmini.com/printables/pq.html
To see some gorgeous examples of 1:35 scale models, check out ‘Super Panzer Scale 1:35 Italian Page‘ on Facebook.
If you’d like to join a Facebook group to share your own 1:35 military modeling, check out ‘Just model building. scale 1:35‘ and ‘War in 1/35 scale.’ Click through to my post about Toy Photography Communities to learn more about spaces to share your miniature photographic work.
Once you’ve decided on your figures, whether Lego, Mega Construx, super hero, military or TV show based, outfit their worlds with the following:
Interior or more dollhouse like
Exterior or more military-esque
|-McFarlane Toys Five Nights at Freddy’s Construction Sets||-McFarlane Toys The Walking Dead Construction Sets|
|-Mega Construx Monster High||-McFarlane Toys Game of Thrones Construction Sets|
|-Mega Construx American Girl||-Mega Construx Call of Duty|
|-Mega Construx Despicable Me||-Mega Construx Destiny|
|-Lego & Lego Friends||-Mega Construx Half Shell Heroes, Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles & TMNT Collectors|
|-Mega Construx Halo|
|-Plastic Army Men Accessories found at craft and discount stores|
|-Military model vehicle kits|
Also check out:
Do you have or photograph 1:32 or 1:35 scale items? Let us know in a comment below.
Subscribe to the My Mini Monthly Newsletter to get all things mini delivered right to your inbox!
Just click through here: http://eepurl.com/cDGODX